Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beowulf

Some "epic" challenges in my life are getting good grades, finding myself again and keeping my self from doing things I know I shouldn't such as telling lies or gossiping. I have many challenges, they may be nothing to some. But they are struggles for me.

I realize that I need to fight my own battles. I normally do, I never ask for someone to step in for me, but I will ask for assistance. I know in overcoming some of these fights I have to admit to myself that I am making mistakes and I have faults. After I admit something like that, I need to surround myself with people who can hold me accountable. I can then take up my sword and defeat these monsters, continuing on my path. I will hang these monsters head's up and show all, this is what I've done, this is what I have overcome and this is how I've grown.

1 comment:

Weisman said...

I love this! And honestly-- I think sometimes even just pointing to something and saying, "THAT is something I struggle with" is the biggest part of the battle.

You SLAY those dragons! :)

9/10